Team Red Miner is a performance optimized cryptocurrency miner for AMD GPUs with support for a number of algorithms with the latest major version 0.8.0 bringing rewritten Ethash kernels and new mining modes for all GPU types. This means you should get better hashrate at a slightly lower power consumption on most recent AMD GPUs. In general, TeamRedMiner (TRM) behaves similarly to other AMD ethash miners, the key difference is the additional mining modes (B/C-modes) that use additional VRAM on the GPUs for further beneficial effects.
Key highlights of the TRM 0.8.8 release:
– Polaris: Efficiency and slight hashrate increase. B-mode reintroduced for added hash. B-mode must be enabled with
– Vega 56/64: greatly improved base kernel for efficiency. New B-mode that can shave off additional 1-2W on top of the A-mode kernel. B-mode must be enabled manually with
--eth_aggr_mode does not apply). Tuning numbers have changed – do NOT keep your old static –eth_config values.
– Radeon VII: huge boost with its new C-mode but requires a special Linux setup. Can now do 100 MH/s on most air cooled VIIs. See tuning guide.
– 5700/5700XT: can shave off as much as 8-9W(!) of power using the new B-mode and dropping core clk+voltage. B-mode now the default mining mode. Unless you retune your core clk+voltage you will see a tiny power draw increase instead and not benefit from the upgrade, so read the migration guide.
– 5600XT: new B-mode has a much smaller effect. A-mode remains the default mining mode. See new tuning guide for more details.
– The DAG cache is NOT compatible with the new B/C-modes. ETH+ZIL switchers have to choose between caching the epoch 0 dag and using the new mining modes.
– Ethash 4GB kernels NOT rewritten in this release, performance remains the same as in 0.7.x.
The miner is available for both Windows and Linux operating systems, a closed source software with 2.5% to 3% development fee built-in for most algorightms except Ethash and KAWPOW, for KAWPOW it is 2% and for Ethash on Polaris GPUs the dev fee is 0.75% and for all other AMD GPUs is 1.0%.
- Publihsed in: Mining Software
- Related tags: AMD miner, chukwa-512, CNv4, CNv4 AMD miner, Cryptonight R, CryptoNight R AMD miner, Cryptonight V8, Cuckarood29, Cuckatoo31, ETH, ETH AMD miner, ETH miner, Ethash, Ethash AMD miner, Ethash miner, Ethereum, Ethereum AMD miner, Ethereum miner, KAWPOW, KAWPOW AMD miner, KAWPOW miner, Lyra2REv3, Lyra2z, monero, MTP, PHI2, Team Red Miner, Team Red Miner 0.8.o, X16r, X16RT, X16Rv2, X16S, xmr
Check Some More Similar Crypto Related Publications:
Register at Binance