Indiegogo InDemand is a useful tool for crowdfunders who have met their crowdfunding goal and wish to continue raising funds for their campaign.
If you’re looking to move your project over to Indiegogo InDemand, congrats! Running a successful crowdfunding campaign is no small task — let’s keep the momentum going.
In this article, we’re giving you:
- A quick overview of the Indiegogo InDemand Program
- A step-by-step guide to transferring your campaign into the program
- Answering some frequently asked questions about the process
Let’s dive right in!
What is Indiegogo InDemand?
Indiegogo Indemand provides key functionality for crowdfunders to continue raising money for their successfully funded crowdfunding campaigns after their original campaign duration has expired.
The InDemand program is available to those who originally launched their campaign on Indiegogo, as well as creators who launched on Kickstarter.
It’s a great way to keep the momentum going after a successful launch, allowing for:
- Continued raising of funds post-campaign to expand the reach of your project
- Further opportunity to tell your story and build brand awareness
- Reach new audiences that might be interested in your project
If you enjoyed running your crowdfunding campaign and you’re not quite ready to set up an ecommerce store, InDemand could be a great route for you!
Step-by-Step Guide to Move Your Campaign to InDemand
Indiegogo makes the process of transferring your campaign extremely easy.
Don’t worry — you won’t have to build a new campaign page, even if you launched on Kickstarter originally.
Here are the steps to make it happen:
- Create a new campaign draft: Visit this link to create a draft version of your new campaign.
- Don’t worry about: The formatting of the page, uploading assets, campaign duration, or funding goal. There is no goal / duration with Indiegogo InDemand, so just fill those categories in with arbitrary numbers.
- Flexible Funding: Make sure to choose ‘flexible funding’ as your funding option — you want to be able to keep all the funds you raise, no matter the total.
- Email Indiegogo: Once you have set up a basic shell for your campaign, send an email to: email@example.com. Include your Indiegogo draft link and Kickstarter campaign link in the body of the message. Do not launch the page on Indiegogo before sending the draft link, or it will appear as a new campaign without the social proof of the funds you’ve raised previously.
- Indiegogo’s Turn: The team at Indiegogo will convert your campaign to an InDemand page on the back end then follow up with a confirmation email.
- Make any Updates: Want to add in some new graphics, images, text, etc.? Go ahead and make those asset additions now.
- Go Live: Launch your campaign in InDemand and start raking in more funds!
It’s that easy!
Answering Some of Your FAQs
When should I start the transition process?
You can begin the step-by-step process of transferring to InDemand even while your Kickstarter campaign is still live. While you’ll have to wait until the original campaign duration expires, some creators like to get a head start.
Other creators prefer to wait a couple weeks between their original campaign and InDemand to collect new assets, recuperate, and make a plan. This is super common — just make sure to stay engaged on social platforms, email outreach, etc.!
Are there any fees involved?
Yes. If you ran your campaign on Indiegogo originally, fees remain at 5%.
If you launched on Kickstarter, the fees are 8%.
Indiegogo also includes a disclaimer that fees could be higher than 8% if you receive additional support from the Indiegogo team.
What Should I tell my audience during the transition?
It’s important to send out frequent updates to keep previous backers informed and attract new visitors to Indemand.
- Update Your Story on Kickstarter: Edit your text and tagline on your original campaign page and include a link to your new InDemand page.
- Reassess Perks: Modify, adjust, hide, or add new perks. Many creators like to include additional SKUs when moving over to InDemand to create exciting alternative incentives.
- Educate: Help your followers understand why your campaign is continuing to raise funds on InDemand and request their support. This should be done via email outreach, social platforms, and whatever other channels you use to address your audience.
- Tell a Compelling Story: You did this with your original campaign, and it needs to continue! Make your backers feel important and valued in the emergence of this product!
We hope that this article has been helpful for you as you consider moving your successful crowdfunding campaign over to Indiegogo Indemand.
If you have further questions about this process or would like personalized assistance in transferring your campaign, feel free to book a coaching call with me.
I’ve helped many campaigns to make the transition smoothly and take off on the InDemand platform, and I’d love to work with your campaign!
Good luck with your (re)launch, and remember, Crowd Crux is here to help if you need us!
The post Step-by-Step Guide to Move Your Project From Kickstarter to Indiegogo InDemand appeared first on CrowdCrux: Crowdfunding Demystified.
Register at Binance