AMD, the global leader in the GPU market and world’s second-largest supplier of x86-based microprocessors and Intel rival has cut a deal with a wee Estonian startup called Ultra as a part of its ongoing mission to democratize the games industry for developers and players.
“AMD is excited about the use of blockchain technology for games publishing, licensing and rights management,” said Joerg Roskowetz, Head of Blockchain Technology, AMD. “AMD and Ultra are working together to make next-generation, community-centric game publishing a reality, transforming the way games are purchased, shared and experienced.”
Through this partnership, the two companies will cooperate on co-marketing activities to promote the Ultra platform and the benefits of blockchain-based game technologies.
“We’re excited to have AMD as a partner because of their dedication to gaming and blockchain technology. They saw our value proposition early on and recognized that blockchain is poised to change the face of gaming,” said Nicolas Gilot, CEO.
Sharing a common commitment to providing users with a robust games ecosystem, AMD and Ultra will cooperate on co-marketing activities such as contests and events to promote the use and proliferation of blockchain-based gaming technologies. In addition, Ultra will provide AMD with game codes for new games sold on its platform. These games will vary in genre and will be a mix of AA, AAA, and Indie titles, some of which will be exclusive to the Ultra platform. Ultra Games is not only a gaming platform but also an ecosystem that will include a number of yet unannounced hyper-social features.
Additionally, AMD and Ultra will work together to optimize cryptographic computer performance on the platform for gamers using AMD processors and graphics cards and will continue to explore additional collaborative activities in the future.
Ultra is a games distribution platform which offers players the first ecosystem that aggregates all of their gaming activities in one place, such as buying, reselling and playing games, access to live-streaming platforms, tournaments, reviews and contests, as well as interacting in their favourite communities and with their favourite brands. Using blockchain-based technology, Ultra allows for innovative business customizations that offer a whole new set of income opportunities set to developers as well.
- Semiconductor Giant AMD Cuts Marketing Deal with Blockchain Games Distribution Platform Ultra to Push Next-generation Blockchain-powered Gaming – December 13, 2019
- Busted: Four Men in $722 Million Cryptocurrency Fraud Scheme – December 12, 2019
- Busted: SEC Nais Eran Eyal, Founder of UnitedData With Fraudulent ICO – December 12, 2019
- Swiss Blockchain Federation Publishes New Guidelines for Token Issuance – December 12, 2019
- DCEP – China Could Be Launching National Digital Currency Pilot Within Weeks – December 11, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance and Chamber of Digital Commerce Launch Strategic Partnership to Advance the Token-Enabled Economy – December 11, 2019
- Startupbootcamp raises 2.3 Million Euro in Tokenized IPO on Nxchange-Fueled Platform – December 11, 2019
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US – December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference – December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain – December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized – December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal – November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law – November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates – November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million – November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development – November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain – November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies – November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market – November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down – November 19, 2019
View All Articles
Register at Binance