A list of the current most shorted stocks right now can be a great place to look for potential deep dip value buys. The stocks with the highest short interest on major U.S. stock exchanges is also a good list to watch and stay updated for potential short squeeze opportunities.
Highest Short Interest Stocks 2022
The below company stocks have the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short. These short interest levels show built in future buying pressure as the shares short must eventually be bought back to cover.
Short Squeeze Stocks
These stocks are the ones with the highest probability of short squeezes after the bears have overstayed their welcome. Short sellers that failed to lock in their profit late in a high short interest stock can get a big upside surprise with any bullish news event that brings hope back for the stock to go higher. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market and stocks getting on the list of most shorted stocks can be bullish for a stock signaling it is about to rally higher.
Most Heavily Shorted Stocks
Here is a list of the current top 25 stocks with the highest short interest.
- REV Revlon Inc NYSE 64.00% Personal Products
- ICPT Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 41.32% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- BYND Beyond Meat Inc Nasdaq 41.15% Food Processing
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 40.35% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- BGFV Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp Nasdaq 39.98% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- MSTR MicroStrategy Inc Nasdaq 37.07% Software & Programming
- UPST Upstart Holdings Inc Nasdaq 37.07% Consumer Lending
- BBBY Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. Nasdaq 36.72% Retail (Specialty Non-Apparel)
- NKLA Nikola Corporation Nasdaq 33.70% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- SWTX SpringWorks Therapeutics Inc Nasdaq 33.63% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- W Wayfair Inc NYSE 31.15% Retailers – Department Stores
- CVNA Carvana Co NYSE 30.87% Retail (Specialty Non-Apparel)
- SFT Shift Technologies Inc Nasdaq 29.82% Retailers – Auto Vehicles, Parts & Service
- VUZI Vuzix Corp Nasdaq 29.81% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq 29.75% Utilities – Electric
- EVGO Evgo Inc Nasdaq 29.73% Utilities – Electric
- RIDE Lordstown Motors Corp Nasdaq 29.40% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- KPTI Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc Nasdaq 28.77% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- CRTX Cortexyme Inc Nasdaq 28.51% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- GDRX Goodrx Holdings Inc Nasdaq 27.90% Online Services
- REI Ring Energy Inc AMEX 27.70% Oil & Gas – Exploration and Production
- BIG Big Lots, Inc. NYSE 27.66% Retailers – Discount Stores
- CTRN Citi Trends, Inc. Nasdaq 27.61% 8.07M 8.40M Retailers – Apparel & Accessories
- EOSE Eos Energy Enterprises Inc Nasdaq 27.17% Electrical Components & Equipment
- APPH Appharvest Inc Nasdaq 26.23% Fishing & Farming
Register at Binance