Options on futures trading through the NinjaTrader platform is now available! The new Option Chain window provides an intuitive matrix to quickly manage expirations & quotes to trade options on futures.
How Do I Get the NinjaTrader Option Chain?
Existing users can upgrade to the latest version of NinjaTrader here and new users can get started here. Please note, options on futures access is only available through NinjaTrader Brokerage for accounts using a NinjaTrader Continuum connection.
How to Use the Option Chain Window
Follow the quick steps below to open an Option Chain window and view the available options for a futures contract.
- From the NinjaTrader Control Center click New > Option Chain.
- Select an underlying futures contract. Once a contract is selected, fields in the quote display will populate. Additionally, the available options for the selected futures instrument will be listed below.
- Use the arrows to the left to expand an option’s call quotes on the left, put quotes on the right, and strike prices in the middle of the Option Chain. Clicking on the Strike heading will change the price order from descending to ascending.
- Use the filter button at the top of the Option Chain window to reduce or expand visibility of the options available.
- Customize the Option Chain by right clicking to initiate the Properties menu where you can edit a number of settings including the number of strike prices shown, colors and more.
Options Order Entry
Once the Option Chain is configured to your preferences, use the instructions below to place options on futures orders.
- Link the Option Chain to an Order Entry Window
- In the Option Chain window, click the desired strike price in the Ask or Bid column on either the Calls or Puts side to load the appropriate option contract into your Basic Entry window.
- Data for the selected options instrument will populate in the entry window and the selected option will be outlined in orange.
- Use the Basic Entry order interface to place options on futures orders.
Pictured above is an Option Chain window linked to a Basic Entry window. The two windows must be linked in order to trade options on futures.
Ready to Start Trading Options on Futures?
NinjaTrader is an award-winning options on futures broker with low-cost pricing for options trades. Open your account with NinjaTrader Brokerage for access to discount pricing and a free trading platform.
Register at Binance