Canadian licensed crypto-asset broker Voyager Digital has announced it has completed the acquisition of VYGR Digital Securities, LLC after approval from the US Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) for a change in ownership.
Voyager recently expanded its flagship crypto trading app, The Voyager App, to include Android and launched the Voyager Interest Program, offering customers interest on Bitcoin, Ethos, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and Ethereum held on the platform. The Company continues to use its Bedrock Platform to build out additional blockchain functionality and plans to add more coins to the Voyager App in 2020.
“We are very pleased to assume ownership of this broker-dealer to provide additional infrastructure and support for The Voyager Platform,” said Stephen Ehrlich, Co-Founder and CEO of Voyager. “Favorable regulatory trends and improving digital asset technologies continue to drive the global crypto market’s rapid growth. We believe building out a mainstream capital market infrastructure is a critical step to be a leader in this market. Having this registered broker-dealer in-house is the latest step toward making Voyager the premier service provider in this space.”
This acquisition cements VYGR Digital’s position as a placement agent for digital securities held on The Voyager Platform, developed and operated by its parent company, Voyager, the first publicly traded licensed crypto broker to offer commission-free trading. The Voyager platform, which was created as a turnkey solution for crypto trading, provides the best execution trading, safe custody and education on a wide range of popular crypto assets.
The VYGR Digital acquisition is the latest in a series of milestones for Voyager. In December, Voyager announced a new partnership with Option Hotline, a publishing company that delivers executable trade ideas from options professionals in real-time to its subscribers and third-party contributors, through an in-house trade alert service. Also, in recent months, Voyager Digital has completed six API distribution partnerships with Avant-Garde Trading Securities, RoundlyX (Coin Savage, LLC), Market Rebellion, LLC, Sterling Trading Tech, Tiger Trading and Stocktracker.
Voyager was founded by established Wall Street and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs who teamed to bring a better, more transparent and cost-efficient alternative for trading crypto-assets to the marketplace. Please visit us at https://www.investvoyager.
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or Without NBA Green Light – January 13, 2020
- European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies – January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Company Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Broker-Dealer – January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based Entertainment Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Virtual Horse Racing Game – January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Company Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 – January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Invest in $5 million Seed Round for TaxBit – January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Series A funding round Led by WisdomTree – January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Person-Based Data Marketplace – January 7, 2020
- The Next Wave of Crypto – Traction is Key – And Mobile Mining is Gaining Massive Adoption – January 2, 2020
- Google Reverses Metamask Ban from Playstore – January 1, 2020
- Bankex Launches Token Exchange Engine in Telegram – December 31, 2019
- Josh Lawler: Distributed Facts — The Missing Link to Solving “Fake News” – December 31, 2019
- 2gether Adds WAVES to it’s Roster of Cryptocurrencies Integrated to the 2gether Prepaid Visa Card – December 18, 2019
- 2nd Open Call for EU-Funding Up to Equity-Free €200K Funding for 16 Lucky Blockchain Startups to Build MVPs – December 16, 2019
- Semiconductor Giant AMD Cuts Marketing Deal with Blockchain Games Distribution Platform Ultra to Push Next-generation Blockchain-powered Gaming – December 13, 2019
- Busted: Four Men in $722 Million Cryptocurrency Fraud Scheme – December 12, 2019
- Busted: SEC Nais Eran Eyal, Founder of UnitedData With Fraudulent ICO – December 12, 2019
- Swiss Blockchain Federation Publishes New Guidelines for Token Issuance – December 12, 2019
- DCEP – China Could Be Launching National Digital Currency Pilot Within Weeks – December 11, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance and Chamber of Digital Commerce Launch Strategic Partnership to Advance the Token-Enabled Economy – December 11, 2019
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Register at Binance